About The Artist
- BARBARA BARRON, MA – Columbia University
- Studied fibre and ecclesiastical embroidery at Oxford University and the Royal School of Needlework in London. Certified teacher of Embroiderer’s Guild of America.
- Operated Barron Designs, a fiber art gallery in Deer Park, NY for 24 years.
- Created commissioned wall hangings for commercial and residential interiors. Created over 50 Judaic sanctuary art pieces including torah covers, ark curtains, table covers and wall hangings.
- Currently residing in Lenox, MA and Delray Beach, FL.
- Presently accepting synagogue and private commissions.
- Specializing in the restoration of treasured torah covers and ark curtains.
RANGE OF WORK
ABOUT MY WORK AND BACKGROUND
Barron Judaic Art was established in 1990 by fibre artist Barbara Barron and her children, Ruth and Steve. Using the medium of wrapped fibre, quilting and silk appliqué embroidery, the Barron family operated a fibre gallery in Huntington, Long Island, New York for over thirty years. Over 50 congregations and Jewish institutions have purchased their ark curtains, ark doors, torah covers and binders, reading table covers, wall hangings and donor walls.
It would be a pleasure to work with you and your committee to create an outstanding piece for your synagogue or home. Budget and time requirements are given full attention. Since each project is unique, individual viewpoints, visions, goals and needs are considered. General sketches and color samples are prepared for a small fee, which is applicable to the total cost of the project. Our experienced installers can insure that your artwork will look its best at your site. “How To” instructions for your installation convenience are provided.
Please call with any questions you may have regarding your specific requirements. Reach Barbara Barron at 516-885-8027 or email her at Barronarts@aol.com. Thank you for visiting this website.